Thursday 10 February 2011

I've Been Framed!!

Like many scrappers, my love for this hobby was ignited by the birth of a child. About six years ago, my husband and I were blessed with a beautiful baby girl and shortly after that I entered the wonderful, addictive world of scrapping. What began as simple pictures and stickers slowly blossomed into a passionate love for handmade crafts. (I am sure many of you can relate!) 


Like all parents, my husband and I wanted to choose the perfect name for our new bundle of joy. We both loved the name Simone. But, to my disappointment, I was not able to find the name "Simone" on any of those adorable personalized baby items that seemed to be for sale everywhere I went! Believe me, I searched in every store that I went to! Then, on one of my frequent trips to Michaels, I stumbled on some unfinished wooden photo frames and some large unfinished wooden letters. Using additional supplies, I created a personalized photo frame for my daughter. Soon others wanted a frame for their little uniquely named bundles of joy and PRESTO, a small business was born. 


I have created frames for Declan, Jadiah, Hayden, Summer, Jaiden and many others. After a while, I began to move away from altering frames and re-focused on scrapping. But, once you start something, sometimes it is hard to stop!! It has been six years since I made my first frame and the business is slowly being resurrected! The design has changed a little, but they are just as cute...if I do say to myself :)



Can't forget the details!









2 comments:

Jolanda said...

very pretty work,i love the alpha's!!

Nae said...

Wow...awesome frames and what a great business idea. My dd always tell me i should come up with a unique business idea to sell to the none crafters.