Sunday 1 August 2010

True Love

I have always wanted to take photos with my hubby in one of those photo booths at the mall! I know that they are overpriced and have poor resolution, but I just think they are the cutest thing :) Unfortunately, my hubby does not frequent malls, and if we do go, it is not for a leisurely stroll. He knows exactly what he wants and the fastest route to that store. He doesn't browse through the shops that he passes as he heads towards his destination, he just goes in, and gets out. When we do manage to go to the mall together, and he is willing to squeeze into that booth with me (they really need to make those things bigger!!) we usually use our $4 on a yummy frozen dessert from Yogen Fruz. I guess when you are married to a photographer and you have to choose between overpriced, poorly exposed pics and yummy, delicious frozen
yogurt....you choose the yogurt!!



But on this particular day, the stars aligned and all must have been in balance with the world because we didn't feel for a frozen treat and we were both in the mood for a few minutes of fun!! So, in we climbed, worked out our positioning, rehearsed our poses, inserted our coins, and the magic began.

I kept the photo strip on my craft table for a while, wanting to buy the perfect paper and think of the perfect journaling. Once I found the paper, I began to think of what to write. I mean, how did I feel when I looked at this strip of four mini photos?? Then it came to me. The lyrics to a song by Ingrid Michaelson entitled, The Way I Am. The words are simple, but they captured my heart :)


So, I have a challenge for you....drag your hubby to the mall, seek out one of those booths, squeeze inside together, insert your coins, snap some shots, and scrap them!! If you do, email your layout to me....I would love to see you and your true love.

Journaling
If you were falling, then I would catch you
You need a light, I'd find a match

Cuz I love the way you say good morning
And you take me the way I am

If you are chilly, here take my sweater
Your head is aching; I'll make it better

Cuz I love the way you call me baby
And you take me the way I am

No comments: